-A color photograph and copy of your dam's registration is required before service.
-Two live puppy constitutes a litter. A return service will be provided at no cost if no pregnancy results from the initial mating.
Stud Service Contract
Down South Danes (Owner of Stud) and _______________________ (Owner of Bitch) enter into this contract on this _____ day of ______________, 20____.
The stud fee is ___$750.00___ /or 1st pick-of-litter puppies and first chance to buy any additional puppies that are for sale.
THIS CONTRACT CERTIFIES THAT:
Registered Name of Bitch:
AKC #: __________________
Owner at time of Mating:
WAS BRED TO:
Registered Name of Dog: ____________
AKC #: __________________________
Owner at time of Mating: _________________________
Owner of Stud Agrees To:
1. Provide owner of bitch with registration forms, pedigree information, and health certification for dog.
2. Promptly sign all litter registration forms and return to owners of the bitch
3. Provide owner of the bitch with a copy of the stud service contract.
4. Provide a healthy stud dog, in good physical health and free of brucellosis.
5. Provide a return stud service to the same bitch if no pregnancy results from breeding at no additional charge from the stud owner.. If the stud is no longer available for any reason, a different stud of comparable quality may be offered.
6. Take good and adequate care of the bitch while in our charge, providing fresh food and water, exercise, and social interaction.
Owner of Bitch Agrees To:
1. Pay the agreed stud fee and $25.00 booking fee before service.
2. Provide the owner of the stud with registration forms, pedigree information, and health certifications for the bitch.
3. Ensure that the bitch is at least 12 months and no more than 7 years in age.
4. Send the bitch to the stud in good health, free of brucellosis, and in season.
5. Keep the bitch confined while in season so no other dog could mate with her accidentally, and notify the owner of the stud immediately if the bitch mates accidentally with another stud.
6. Contact the owner of the stud immediately upon the whelping of the litter.
7. Provide the owner of the stud with photographs of the bitch and of all surviving puppies from the litter, and allow the use of these photos in advertising the stud’s services.
8. If pick-of-litter option is chosen, allow the owner of the stud to choose their puppy first before any puppies are sold or promised to other individuals.
9. If pick-of-litter option is chosen, to provide initial veterinary care for the stud owners puppy, and to provide care for that puppy until a minimum of 8 weeks of age with no charge to the stud owner.
10. Notify the owner of the stud in writing within 30 days of mating if no pregnancy results. Failure to do so will result in no return service being provided.
11. Not knowing sale or transfer puppies whelped as a result of this mating to any person or business involved in the resale of dogs, dog fighting, the use of dogs in medical research, or to any individual ever charged or convicted with animal cruelty.
The owner(s) of the bitch agree that the owner of the of the stud will not be held liable for any illness, injury, accident, or death of the bitch as a result of this mating or whelping of the litter resulting from this mating.
The owner(s) of the bitch agree to pay all transportation costs incurred while mating, and all veterinary costs incurred by the bitch and her litter during pregnancy, whelping, and nursing.
The owner(s) of the bitch agree to pay for registration of the litter and for all advertisements placed by the owner(s) of the bitch for placing the litter.
The owner of the stud agrees to choose their pick-of-litter within 8 week of the whelping date.
One live puppy constitutes a litter. If only one puppy is produced in a pick-of-litter arrangement, the puppy will go to the stud owner and a return service will be provided at no charge.
THIS IS A LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT. BY SIGNING THIS CONTRACT, BOTH PARTIES ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THEY HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND, AND AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS CONTRACT. ANY AMENDMENTS OR ADDITIONS TO THE CONTRACT WILL BE DETAILED ON THE REVERSE OF THIS PAGE AND INITIALED BY BOTH THE OWNER OF THE STUD AND OF THE BITCH. Signed on this ______ day of ____________, 20___.